Officer, Parking Enforcement (Casual)
|Open Date||Jun 03 2020 - 04:15:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Officer, Parking Enforcement (Casual)||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/Irregular|
|Department Group||Regulatory Services||Hours per Week||Up to 40 hours a month|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 3 years|
|Salary Range||$34.84 per hour|
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Municipal Law Enforcement, this role is responsible for the enforcement of the Town of Caledon by-laws and parking regulations including parking awareness, issuance of tickets, towing of vehicles and presenting evidence in Court. As an Officer, Parking Enforcement you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Patrol municipal and regional roads for compliance with traffic regulations within the Town of Caledon as instructed
- Patrol of private properties to ensure compliance with accessible parking and fire route bylaws
- Patrol of public areas including parks facilities for compliance with parking regulations
- Issuance of parking tickets in accordance with departmental practices and procedures when violations observed
- Assist with other by-law related complaints and issues related to parks, nuisance, noise, motor cycle noise testing, and others, as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a motivated professional with training and knowledge in the above, normally acquired from a post-secondary diploma in Law Enforcement or closely related field, with a demonstrated interest in regulatory law. Our ideal candidate has a minimum 1-3 years related experience in regulatory law or enforcement and training in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Management is an asset. We are seeking an individual with superior verbal and written communication skills and optimal customer service skills. This candidate has demonstrated the ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity, and an excellent ability to present oneself in a professional manner in various public environments and as a credible witness in court.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.