Do you love working with people, have excellent customer service skills, an outgoing personality and a passion for reading? We want to meet you!
Reporting directly to the Manager, Public Service/Coordinator, Public Service, this role is responsible for shelving of library materials, shelf maintenance, and performance of clerical tasks. This role also provides occasional support to the public.
- Commit to ensuring quality service to users, maintaining the Library’s positive image and ensuring that the library is profiled in a positive manner
- Commit to fostering effective working relationships and high performance
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons of the Caledon Public Library
- Sort, file and shelve library materials alphabetically and numerically in an efficient manner
- Empty book drop and bins
- Perform some circulation functions as required; check books in and out, collect fines, place holds, etc.
- Complete opening and closing procedures as per each branch’s instructions
- Read shelves to ensure all library materials are in proper numerical and/r alphabetical sequence
- Provide photocopy, scanning and fax assistance to patrons
- Maintain neatness in stack and public areas
- Shift materials as required for easier re-shelving and better appearance of the collection
- Record in-house use of materials and re-shelves the items
- Assist patrons with directional questions
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to staff, clients and facility operations
Note: All Staff working with the Caledon Public Library are required to satisfactorily pass a vulnerable sector check.
Albion-Bolton Branch - 150 Queen Street South
Alton Branch - 35 Station Street
Caledon East Branch - 6500 Old Church Road
Caledon Village Branch - 18313 Hurontario Street
Inglewood Branch - 15825 McLaughlin Road
Margaret Dunn Valleywood Branch - 20 Snelcrest Drive
The Town/CPL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.