*Please note this role is for September 2019.*
Why work with the Town:
- Meet other students and young professionals, and share your experiences with them
- Apply learned knowledge and skills in a real-world setting
- Learn about municipal and provincial government processes
- Earn competitive wages, and work full-time.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, IT Operations and Infrastructure the IT Helpdesk Co-op Student is responsible for providing first line technical support to internal staff, as well as deploying of new hardware, which includes physically removing and installing computers at the primary and remote sites (including occasional weekend work).
In this opportunity, you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for phone calls and email for staff regarding IT issues and queries.
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via telephone and email, including escalating unresolved calls to the appropriate IT support team.
- Troubleshoot basic IT related problems, including computers, mobile phones, printers and network connectivity, both remotely and in-person.
- Follow and update existing documentation of IT processes, and create new documentation where they do not currently exist in collaboration with other IT staff to enable consistent results.
- Deploy computers and phones to users, including the occasional weekend work.
- Perform additional duties and undertake special projects as assigned.
To be considered for this position, the student must:
- Be currently enrolled in a post secondary program in Information Technology or closely related field.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence that reflects Caledon’s quality standards: accurate, courteous, responsive and easy to navigate
- Have excellent and demonstrated verbal, written and online communications skills.
- Have organizational skills, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Have superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of laptops, PCs, printers, iPhones, and Windows systems (Windows 10, Office 365 preferred) would be an asset.
- Have a valid driver's licence and access to a vehicle to attend events at other locations in the Town.
- Be able to work after hours, including evenings and weekends, on occasion for special events.
This position's pay rate is up to $20.97/HR.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.