Associate, Service Caledon (Contract up to 12 months) – 3 positions available
|Open Date||Oct 13 2021 - 10:00:00 AM||Close Date||Nov 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Associate, Service Caledon (Contract up to 12 months) – 3 positions available||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract up to 1 year|
|Department Group||Service Caledon||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Customer Service & Communications||Openings||3|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 3 years|
|Salary Range||$57,177.59 - $67,864.61|
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Service Caledon, this role is responsible for ensuring courteous, accurate, responsive and efficient service delivery for clients contacting the Town of Caledon. The Associate, Service Caledon rotates between phone and counter service to facilitate first contact resolution for incoming inquiries, complaints, and service requests. As an Associate, Service Caledon you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Provide service across all channels (in-person, via telephone, email, mail, and online) in accordance with the Town’s quality standards
- Provide a broad range of information, direction and resolution requiring varying degrees of research and knowledge of departmental services
- Respond to, refer or transfer, and record customer inquiries that cannot be resolved at first point of contact to appropriate division or outside agency. Follow-up to ensure timely responses from other service areas
- Participate on work group team projects and/or activities as assigned. Partner with various departments and provide input for streamlining processes, enhancing services and expanding the responsibilities of Service Caledon
- Act as Deputy Issuer of Marriage Licenses, Deputy Division Registrar, and Lottery Licensing Officer
- Receive, accept and process payments for various Town services. Perform daily financial reconciliations, bank deposits, and account adjustments in accordance with corporate cash handling procedures and with the support of the Manager, Revenue/Deputy Treasurer
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Associate, Service Caledon will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 - 3 years related experience in client service role, preferably in a municipal setting and dealing with multiple service areas. Additional qualifications including Certified Service Professional (CSP) would be an asset.
We are seeking an individual with demonstrated service-orientation that reflects Caledon’s quality standards: accurate, courteous, responsive and easy to navigate and demonstrated understanding of municipal services and basic financial literacy, and computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Additional experience with AMANDA, Vailtech, and/or other software including CRM, Work Order, and Asset Management software would be an asset.
This position offers a salary range of $57,177.59 - $67,864.61 plus a competitive benefit package.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.