Senior Project Manager, Development Engineering
|Open Date||Sep 08 2021 - 02:30:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 29 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Senior Project Manager, Development Engineering||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Development Engineering||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||5 - 7 years|
|Salary Range||$88,556.75 - $104,166.32|
Reporting directly to the Manager, Development Engineering, this role is responsible for carrying out the engineering review and analysis of municipal servicing projects relating to land development (subdivision and site plans) in compliance with sound engineering practices and Town standards. As the Senior Project Manager, Development Engineering, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Review, assess and comment on municipal servicing issues including feasibility studies, master environmental servicing reports, noise impact studies, soil reports, storm water management reports, sewer capacity studies and environmental site assessments
- Establish municipal servicing requirements at various stages of development including Official Plan Amendments, Rezonings, Secondary Plans, Draft Plans of Subdivision and Site Plans
- Provide input and administer development and/or engineering agreements including contracts
- Perform and implement feasibility and engineering studies based on established short and long term master plans for proposed and existing infrastructure needs.
- Liaise with the public, other departments, utilities, consultants, developers and other government agencies on matters related to municipal servicing requirements for land development
- Maintain responsibility for assigned duties within the departmental and/or corporate Business Continuity Plan
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Senior Project Manager, Development Engineeringwill be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree in civil engineering or a closely related field and Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng) in good standing in the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO). Our ideal candidate has a minimum 5 – 7 years related experience in engineering design relating to storm water management, grading and storm servicing, and roadway, preferably in a municipal environment.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). We are seeking an individual with superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position offers a salary range of $88,556.75 - $104,166.32 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.