Coordinator, Community Operations
|Open Date||Jul 08 2021 - 03:07:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 04 2021 - 08:59:00 AM|
|Position Title||Coordinator, Community Operations||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Community Facilities||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Bolton Family of Buildings||Competition||21-86P|
|Salary Range||$71,552.88 - $84,616.97|
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Community Facilities this role is responsible for effectively administering, supervising and managing all day to day operations, capital planning, capital delivery, quality assurance and staff supervision for the assigned facilities.
The Coordinator, Community Operations provides supervision to all full time and part time maintenance staff and coordinates and oversees work for the assigned facilities while ensuring customer satisfaction and safety. This position is also a key member of the Facility Management Team. As the Coordinator, Community Operations, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and schedule major ice, pool and building maintenance; ensure all service requests are dealt with in a timely manner; inspect and ensure building maintenance tasks are completed to Town of Caledon and/or service industry standards
- Supervise, train and schedule full time and part time maintenance staff; provide performance feedback and participate in the recruitment, orientation and training of new staff; provide daily direction to unionized and part time maintenance staff; coordinate work performed by Facility Operators and/or other assigned staff as required
- Manage/oversee budget of the Operations component in consultation with the Supervisor, Community Facilities; order supplies and ensure financial accountability for assigned cost centres; provide input into long term capital planning and operational needs
- Be responsible to work and ensure that all staff supervised work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Town of Caledon Policies and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
- Respond to emergencies, inquiries and complaints and ensure a positive relationship between the public, outside agencies and internal staff at all times.
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Coordinator, Community Operations will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a passionate professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Recreation Facilities/Building/Property Management (from ORFA/BOMA/IFMA/College or equivalent) and/or Recreation Studies or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has a minimum 1-year of supervisory experience and 3-5 years related experience in a recreation or property management setting including the operation and maintenance of arenas and/or pools would be an asset. Certification inStandard First Aid and CPR “C” with AED, Certified Pool Operator, Basic Refrigeration would also be an asset
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated customer service excellence that reflects Caledon’s quality standards: accurate, courteous, responsive and easy to navigate. We are seeking an individual with superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, a demonstrated ability to make decisions involving broadly defined work, affecting major functions, and excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to ensure suitable agreements, decisions are reached.
This position offers a salary range of $71,552.88 - $84,616.97 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.