Intermediate Planner, Policy
|Open Date||Sep 10 2021 - 03:30:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 01 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Intermediate Planner, Policy||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Strategic Policy Planning||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||1 years|
|Salary Range||$71,552.88 - $84,616.97|
Reporting directly to the Manager, Strategic Policy Planning, this role is responsible for policy analysis and research using both qualitative and quantitative methods, acting as a resource for staff, Council and the public in regards to general policy planning, with emphasis on official plan process, heritage and/or transportation ; and, the preparation of maps and schedules for the Town’s Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw mapping using ArcGIS. As an Intermediate Planner, Policy, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Assist and participate in growth management, policy study projects, Secondary Plans and Official Plan Amendments including the Official Plan review process
- Conduct independent or assist in data collection, research and analysis on a range of planning issues related to the Town’s Official Plan to ensure it conforms with the Planning Act, the Provincial Policy Statement, applicable provincial plans, and the Peel Region Official Plan
- Monitors the Environmental Registry of Ontario, Planning Act and Provincial Plan changes, communicating those changes to senior staff and coordinating responses as required
- Coordinates and participates in public consultation meetings and public engagement strategies pertaining to planning policy matters and present policy initiatives to interest groups, stakeholders and the public
- Provide guidance and information to Committee, Council, Town staff, external agencies, and the general public regarding Caledon’s planning and policy processes/projects, Official Plan policies, Heritage Planning, Transportation Planning and other relevant planning policies
- Supports Development Planning by participating in the development application review process to communicate planning policy objectives
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Intermediate Planner, Policy will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a planning professional with a post-secondary degree in Planning, or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 1-year related experience in land use planning, transportation planning and/or heritage planning. Municipal experience is preferred. Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute, Canadian Institute of Planners, and/or Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals is considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the planning processes under the Planning Act and the Ontario Heritage Act and of quantitative research methodology and GIS. We are seeking an individual who is proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams), Adobe, ArcGIS v.10 and Geocortex, as well as a knowledge of AutoCad, LaserFiche, AMANDA, Bluebeam and eScribe. We are seeking an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills with considerable attention to detail to avoid errors and ability to meet deadlines and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills involving regular development of new and improved methods.
This position offers a salary range of $71,552.88 - $84,616.97 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.