Labourer II (TFT)
|Open Date||Jun 25 2020 - 12:30:00 PM||Close Date||Jul 06 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Labourer II (TFT)||Posting Type||Union CUPE|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary Full-time|
|Department Group||Roads & Fleet||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Finance & Infrastructure Services||Openings||6|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Yard 1 & Yard 2||Competition||20-57T|
|Salary Range||$26.04 per hour|
Reporting directly to the Area Supervisor, this role is responsible for operating and maintaining heavy equipment and performing various duties for the division’s winter and summer maintenance program. As a Labourer II, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Operate heavy vehicles/equipment and maintain under all legislated requirements
- Participate in road maintenance programs including roadside maintenance, drainage, hard top, etc.
- Perform all routine maintenance including daily safety and maintenance checks
- Assist with road patrol and/or inspections as per the requirements of the provincial minimum maintenance standards for highways
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Advise the Area Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with Grade 12 completion or the equivalent and a valid DZ licence in good standing with no more than 3 demerit points. Our ideal candidate has experience in the operation of heavy equipment and snow equipment under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. The candidate must also be compliant with the Commercial Vehicle Operator Registry.
The ideal candidate will be able to meet physical demands of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs (25 kg) and work in adverse weather conditions. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated mechanical skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This position offers a pay rate of $26.04 per hour.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.