Recreation Customer Service I (Casual)
|Open Date||Jul 22 2021 - 09:00:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Recreation Customer Service I (Casual)||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/Irregular|
|Department Group||Customer Service||Hours per Week||Up to 24 Hours|
|Department||Customer Service & Communications||Openings||5|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Salary Range||$15.27 per hour|
Reporting directly to the Customer Service Administrator/Recreation Supervisor, this casual position role is responsible for providing front line customer service to patrons at recreation facilities as well as over the phone. Customer Service staff assist the Customer Service Administrator with the daily functions of the customer service control area. As the Recreation Customer Service I, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Process and accept payments for program registrations, facility bookings, memberships and point of sale transactions
- Perform administrative tasks (i.e. attendance, preparation, Injury and Incident Reports when required)
- Maintain all promotional material for the facility
- Work in compliance with Cash Handling procedures
- Maintain composure in escalated situations as they arise. Immediately report incidents to the Recreation Coordinator or designate
- Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Town of Caledon Policies and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines and requirements
- Availability to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Recreation Customer Service I will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with training and knowledge in the above. Our ideal candidate has Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C, intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office) and familiarity with Perfect Mind. Previous experience working in a municipal recreation setting would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team. We are seeking an individual with superior verbal and written communication skills, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and excellent customer service skills.
This position offers a starting pay rate of $15.27 per hour.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.