Facility Attendant Positions 2021
|Open Date||Jun 22 2021 - 11:30:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facility Attendant Positions 2021||Posting Type||Union CUPE|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/Irregular|
|Department Group||Community Facilities||Hours per Week||Various|
Do you love working with people, have excellent customer service skills, an outgoing personality and a passion for recreation? We want to meet you!
Our Community Services Team has various Facility Positions available within our community facilities.
- Facility Attendant
Our Facility Attendants:
- Perform indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks (sweep, wash/strip floors, vacuum, wash windows/doors, clean washrooms/change rooms, etc.)
- Assist with maintaining the facility (paint, carpentry repairs, roof maintenance etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance of arena/ice facilities, fitness area, and/or swimming pool (not all locations)
- Set-up meeting rooms for user functions
- Stock vending machines
- Perform administrative tasks (i.e. attendance, preparation, Injury and Incident Reports etc.)
- Attend team meetings and training sessions
- Assist in providing a clean, healthy, safe environment for the program and ensure equipment is stored as required
- Immediately report incidents to the Coordinator, Community Facilities or designate
Candidates for these positions will have the following training and skills:
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR- C
- Knowledge/experience with basic plumbing, electrical systems and/or carpentry would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for these positions.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.