Reporting directly to the Area Supervisor, this role is responsible for operating and maintaining heavy equipment and performing various duties for the divisions winter maintenance program.
- Operate and maintain Road and Fleet equipment including grader, loader, dump truck, snow plow etc.
- Participate in Town training programs as required
- Carry out winter road patrols as per the requirements of the provincial minimum maintenance standards for highways
- Record road conditions and report to Area Supervisor
- Perform additional duties, including labour jobs when required
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates will have the following education and experience or equivalent.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid DZ licence, in good standing with no more than 3 demerit points
- Must have experience in maintenance or construction; experience operating graders, loaders and/or heavy trucks is required
- Thorough working knowledge of the hazards of heavy equipment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs (25 kgs) and work in adverse weather conditions
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
Rate of pay: $24.90/hr.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.