Library Page 2021
|Open Date||Aug 13 2021 - 11:30:00 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Library Page 2021||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual/Irregular|
|Department Group||Library||Hours per Week||Up to 16 hrs/week|
|Salary Range||$13.85 - $14.75 /hr|
Do you have strong organizational skills, an outgoing personality and enjoy working with people of all ages?
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager or Director, Public Service, this is a casual position responsible for shelving of library materials, shelf maintenance, and performance of clerical tasks. This role also provides occasional support to the public. Please note, this is a casual position which can work up to 16 hours a week, but is usually scheduled between 6 - 12 hours a week.
- Commit to ensuring quality service to users, maintaining the Library’s positive image and ensuring that the library is profiled in a positive manner
- Commit to fostering effective working relationships and high performance
- Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons of the Caledon Public Library
- Sort, file and shelve library materials alphabetically and numerically in an efficient manner
- Empty book drop and bins
- Perform some circulation functions as required; check books in and out, collect fines, place holds, etc.
- Complete opening and closing procedures as per each branch’s instructions
- Read shelves to ensure all library materials are in proper numerical and/or alphabetical sequence
- Provide photocopy, scanning and fax assistance to patrons
- Maintain neatness in stack and public areas
- Shift materials as required for easier re-shelving and better appearance of the collection
- Record in-house use of materials and re-shelves the items
- Assist patrons with directional questions
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information pertaining to staff, clients and facility operations
Note: All Staff working with the Caledon Public Library are required to satisfactorily pass a vulnerable sector check.
Albion-Bolton Branch - 150 Queen Street South
Alton Branch - 35 Station Street
Caledon East Branch - 6500 Old Church Road
Caledon Village Branch - 18313 Hurontario Street
Inglewood Branch - 15825 McLaughlin Road
Margaret Dunn Valleywood Branch - 20 Snelcrest Drive
Southfields Village Branch - 225 Dougall Avenue
The Town/CPL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.