Facility Maintenance I
|Open Date||Jul 08 2021 - 09:08:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 04 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Facility Maintenance I||Posting Type||Union CUPE|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Community Facilities||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma||Experience||2 years|
|Location||Southfields Community Centre||Competition||21-56P|
Reporting directly to the Coordinator, Community Operations this role is responsible for maintaining the ice, Class “A” swimming pools, building grounds, and equipment at Town of Caledon Recreation facilities. As Facility Maintenance I, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Clean and maintain the facility (sweep, wash/strip floors, vacuum, wash windows/doors, clean washrooms/change rooms, empty garbage, etc.
- Perform general carpentry and painting work (build shelves, paint rooms, etc.)
- Maintain arena/ice facilities and equipment, operate ice re-surfacer, install and remove ice, install and maintain nets, take compressor readings, edge, chip, and cross cut ice, paint lines, drain chiller, add oil to compressor. Perform minor repairs to arena refrigeration system.
- Must be able to make responsible purchases with approval, and within established guidelines
- Monitor inventory control and assist with ordering. Verify and accept orders for snack bar and maintenance supplies and stock vending machines.
- Communicate and provide information to the public and user groups as required, monitor user functions to ensure that building security is maintained, and the rental contract is adhered to
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with education, training and/or knowledge in the above, normally acquired from a high school diploma or closely related field as a skilled technician. The candidate must have minimum 2 years related experience in arenas, pools, and/or recreation centre as well as thorough working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical system. The candidate must have a standard First Aid Certificate and a valid driver’s licence with no more than 3 demerit points and daily access to a vehicle. ORFA training and fall arrest training are considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will able to meet the physical demands of the position including strenuous movement requiring more effort, lifting to 50 lbs, and demonstrated ability to work at heights. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products would be an asset. Experience in maintenance of arena refrigeration systems: ice preparation; operation and maintenance of ice resurfacing and related equipment; operation/maintenance of swimming pool filtration systems and general swimming pool maintenance operations; maintenance of gas-powered mechanical equipment would also be considered an asset. The candidate must demonstrate customer service excellence that reflects Caledon’s quality standards: accurate, courteous, responsive and easy to navigate, as well as exceptional organizational skills with some attention to detail to avoid errors and the ability to meet deadlines.
This position offers a pay rate of $28.25 per hour, plus a competitive benefits package
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.