Building Inspector - Enforcement
|Open Date||Nov 17 2020 - 03:45:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 08 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Building Inspector - Enforcement||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Building||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Building & Municipal Law Enforcement Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 - 2 years|
|Salary Range||$57,177.59 - $67,864.61|
Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Building Inspections/ Deputy CBO this role is responsible for investigating complaints regarding construction activities being carried out without a valid building permit and in contravention of the Building Code Act. As a Building Inspector - Enforcement, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Investigate complaint referrals form the general public, Council and/or internal staff to ensure new building construction, alterations and additions regulated by the Building Code Act are undertaken with the benefit of a valid building permit
- Prepare and maintain accurate investigation and enforcement related reports for future possible court action
- Prepare and issue Building Code Act Orders
- Initiate legal action through the laying of charges, including the swearing of Information, service of Summons and testifying in court as required
- Respond to inquiries received from the public, internal staff and Councillors offices
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering, Architectural Technology, building design and/or construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 1-2 years related experience, preferably in building inspection, construction or building design.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the BCA and OBC, Town By-laws, Regional Governance and building permit application process. The candidate will be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and having knowledge of AMANDA software program is an asset. We are seeking an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated customer service excellence, ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity, with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
This position offers a salary range of $57,177.59 - $67, 864.61 plus a competitive benefit package.
Notwithstanding the above, candidates who do not fulfill all of our requirements may be considered in a Development Status capacity. Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.