Do you love working with people, have excellent customer service skills, an outgoing personality and a passion for recreation? We want to meet you!
Our Recreation Team has Specialty Positions (Snoezelen Facilitator) available within our facilities:
Our Snoezelen Facilitators:
- Oversee the operation of the Snoezelen room during therapy sessions attended by participants and/or facilitated by a caregiver
- Supervise program participants and operate Snoezelen equipment
- Perform administrative tasks (i.e. attendance, preparation, Injury and Incident Reports etc.)
- Attend team meetings and training sessions
- Assist in providing a clean, healthy, safe environment for the program and ensure equipment is stored as required
- Immediately report incidents to the Recreation Coordinator or designate
Candidates for these positions will have the following training and skills:
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR- C
- Demonstrated understanding of the Snoezelen philosophy. Experience working with individuals with special needs would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for these positions.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.