Community Planner, Development
|Open Date||Sep 02 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 24 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Community Planner, Development||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent Full-time|
|Department Group||Development Review Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||3 years|
|Salary Range||$79,761.28 - $96,363.88|
Reporting directly to the Manager, Development Review Services, this role is responsible for the processing and project management of a wide range of development applications, reviewing and providing a professional planning opinion and recommendation on development applications as well as acting as a resource for staff, Council and the public in regards to planning processes and policies. As a Community Planner, Development, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Manages development applications including, but not limited to, Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plans of Subdivisions and Condominiums, Site Plan Control applications, Part Lot Control applications, Committee of Adjustment (Minor Variance, Consent, Validation Certificate) applications, Niagara Escarpment Development Permit applications, and Telecommunication Tower applications
- Preparation of Reports and By-laws, Representing the Planning Department at Committee and Council Meetings
- Provides guidance and information to Committee, Council, Town staff, external agencies, and the general public regarding Caledon’s planning process, Official Plan policies, and other relevant planning policies
- Represent the Town at the Ontario Land Tribunal
- Reviews, recommends and implements process improvements and modernization for the Planning Department
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Community Planner, Developmentwill be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a planning professional with a post-secondary degree in Planning, or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years related experience in a land use planning role. Experience within a municipal environment is considered an asset. In addition, membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and/or Canadian Institute of Planners would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of the Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Provincial Plans, and the Regional and Local Planning Policy Framework and knowledge of the development application process. We are seeking an individual who is proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) and Adobe; knowledge of eScribe, Geocortex, Laserfiche, AMANDA and Bluebeam Software considered an asset. We are seeking an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, and the ability to effectively manage projects and think analytically and outside-of-the-box.
This position offers a salary range of $79,761.28 - $96,363.88 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.