Programmer, General Programs (12 Month Contract)
|Open Date||Sep 08 2021 - 02:30:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 21 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Programmer, General Programs (12 Month Contract)||Posting Type||Non-Union|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract up to 1 year|
|Department Group||Community Programs||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||1 years|
|Location||Caledon Centre for Recreation and Wellness||Competition||21-120C|
|Salary Range||$58,178.20 - $69,052.24|
Reporting directly to the Coordinator, General Programs, this role is responsible for effectively delivering, administering and supervising recreational programs and other initiatives while promoting access and equitable processes for residents. The Programmer also provides supervision to volunteers, contract and part time staff, ensuring program excellence, customer satisfaction and safety.
- Assist in the planning, development and execution of a variety of recreation programs, services and initiatives, including inclusive opportunities.
- Assist in the identification of trends, demographics and new techniques to determine the needs of the community ensuring that the market is responsive to provided programs.
- Assist in the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that support the delivery of recreation programs.
- Respond to emergencies, customer inquiries and complaints, and ensure a positive relationship between the public, outside agencies and internal staff at all times.
- Recruit, train, and evaluate contract, volunteer and part time staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching for improved performance.
- Be responsible to work and ensure that all staff supervised work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Town of Caledon Policies and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Programmer, General Programswill be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Recreation Studies or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has a minimum 1 year related experience in a recreation setting, including direct and indirect programming. Certifications in, Standard First Aid, Swim and Lifesaving Society Instructor, National Lifeguard Society (pool option); two of the following: Standard First Aid Instructor/Examiner, NL Instructor/Examiner or Swim/Lifesaving Instructor Trainer. Aquafit, Certified Pool Operator, completion of Aquatic Supervisory Training, HIGH FIVE®, and additional certification (PHCD, Quest 1 Trainer) are an asset.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated customer service excellence that reflects Caledon’s quality standards: accurate, courteous, responsive and easy to navigate. We are seeking an individual with superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, a demonstrated ability to make decisions involving routine tasks, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers a salary range of $58,178.20 - $69,052.24.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.