Reporting directly to the Manager, Facilities, the Café Assistant will support with providing catering and cafeteria food services for Town Hall. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience with handling food. A demonstrated strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and reliability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Opening duties of the cafeteria – switch on all equipment and replenish supplies as necessary
- Verify float
- Assist with the creation of weekly menus
- Prepare daily food items for cafeteria and catering
- Make coffee and provide hot water
- Answer phone inquiries and submit lunch/catering orders
- Wash and sterilize dishes; wipe down cafeteria tables regularly; assist with cleanup of equipment
- Submit requested food purchases in a timely manner to be ordered
- Balance cash daily and remit to Treasury for deposit
- Be available to work catering shifts
- Responsible for finding a replacement if unable to work; record daily attendance
- Liaise with the Staff regarding changes in services, needs for equipment, new products, etc.
It is preferred that the ideal candidate have current Emergency First Aid/CRP C and AED, Food Handler Certification.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.