Reporting directly to the Manager, Facilities, the Café Assistant will support with providing catering and cafeteria food services for Town Hall. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year experience with handling food. A demonstrated strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and reliability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Opening duties of the cafeteria – switch on all equipment and replenish supplies as necessary
- Verify float
- Assist with the creation of weekly menus
- Prepare daily food items for cafeteria and catering
- Make coffee and provide hot water
- Answer phone inquiries and submit lunch/catering orders
- Wash and sterilize dishes; wipe down cafeteria tables regularly; assist with cleanup of equipment
- Submit requested food purchases in a timely manner to be ordered
- Balance cash daily and remit to Treasury for deposit
- Be available to work catering shifts
- Responsible for finding a replacement if unable to work; record daily attendance
- Liaise with the Staff regarding changes in services, needs for equipment, new products, etc.
It is preferred that the ideal candidate have current Emergency First Aid/CRP C and AED, Food Handler Certification.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.